Medium and Heavy Vehicle EngineS Textbook
Medium and Heavy Vehicle Engines Textbook describes safe and effective diagnostic, repair, and maintenance procedures for today’s medium and heavy vehicle diesel engines.
Includes coverage of:
- HD-OBD emission diagnostics
- Common rail injection systems
- Exhaust after treatment systems, including diesel particulate filters, selective catalyst reduction (SCR), and lean NOx traps (LNT)
- Variable geometry and series turbocharging
- Exhaust gas recirculation
- Engine braking
- Major engine OEM-specific coverage of fuel, air induction, and diagnostic systems
- Electronic signal processing and sensor technology
To view a sample chapter click here
Also Available: An accompanying Student Workbook containing exercises to reinforce what you will learn in both Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Engines and the classroom. The Student Workbook is designed to encourage critical thinking and aid comprehension through a variety of exercises in each chapter, including skill drill activities, labeling activities, knowledge check questions, and more.